If you are using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, you can purchase or subscribe to Advanced Inventory which enables you to use:
- FIFO costing
- Multiple location inventory
- Bar code scanning
- Bin or lot tracking
- Serial or lot numbers
To Turn on Advanced Inventory:
- From the Edit menu, select Preferences.
- On the left pane, choose Items & Inventory then go to the Company Preferences tab.
- Check the Inventory and Purchase Orders are Active box.
- Select the Advanced Inventory Settings button. If the button is grayed out even though you have purchased the feature, you will need to sync license data online so that QuickBooks recognizes it.
- In QuickBooks, choose Help > Manage my License > Sync License Data Online.
- Check that Advanced Inventory Settings is no longer grayed out.
- Close and re-open the QuickBooks program.
If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 866-949-7267.