- No accounting knowledge necessary
- In-product tutorials show you how to create invoices, record expense and more
- Bring in your data from spreadsheets and contacts from Address Book/Contacts
- Get tips, tricks and advice on using QuickBooks for Mac
- Manage vendors and expenses easily – enter, track, and pay bills
- Easily create and customize estimates, invoices, and statements
- Get complete and reliable records at tax time
- Download your online banking transactions directly into QuickBooks
- Get the information you need with easy-to-use reports
- View and manage income and receivables using the new Income Tracker
- Get a real-time snapshot of your business activities with Company Snapshot
- Looks and works like your Mac
- Add reminders to iCal/Calendar
- Sychronize contacts with Address Book/Contacts
- Export data to Numbers or Excel
- Get 1-click access to what you use most. The new Left Hand Toolbar lets you create shortcuts so you can move around QuickBooks even faster than before.
- Keep customer, vendor and transaction information at your fingertips. Complete tasks quickly and efficiently with enhanced Centers including customizable columns.
- See who’s paid you (and who hasn’t). The new Income Tracker shows all your income-producing transactions in one spot, including overdue invoices so you can remind customers to pay you.
- Track sales rep performance. Easily run reports that identify your top sales performers, whether they’re an employee or a vendor.
- Easily find the report information you need. Search text within reports to find key words and phrases.
- Other things to make business easier: Adjust sales tax paid to allow for rounding, fee or discounts. Launch home page provides insights into your company’s performance without running a report. Easily search text within reports to find key words or phrases.
- Accept all credit cards as well as ACH payments (electronic checks)
- Process transactions in QuickBooks, on the web and with any mobile device
- Includes recurring billing and the ability to “click and pay” from emailed invoices
- All transactions are automatically reconciled in your QuickBooks software
- Mac OS® X v10.7 (Lion), v10.8 (Mountain Lion) and v10.9 (Mavericks). Contact Sync feature is disabled and does not function with Mavericks.
- At least an Intel® processor, Core 2 Duo required
- Minimum 2 GB of RAM, 4 GB of RAM recommended
- 250 MB of available disk space
- Minimum 250 MB available disk space (additional space required for data files)
- CD/DVD drive (or Internet connection) for installation
- Printer: 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, if you plan to print invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports, or graphs
- Checks: Use Intuit Checks if you plan to print checks. Canadian Image Ready Cheques are not supported
- Product registration required
- Export report data requires Apple Numbers ’09; Microsoft Excel 2008 or 2011 for Mac
- E-mail requires Apple Mail, Microsoft Entourage 2008 or Outlook 2011 for Mac
- Accepting credit and debit cards directly into QuickBooks 2016 for Mac requires Intuit Merchant Service for QuickBooks for Mac (sold separately); subject to application approval and debit card transactions are processed as Signature Debit, which does not require entering a PIN code. See http://payments.intuit.com/legal.jsp for details.
- Processing payroll, integrated with QuickBooks for Mac, requires paid subscription (sold separately), EIN and Internet access. QuickBooks 2016 for Mac works with Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac
- QuickBooks Payroll for Mac requires Internet connection and Adobe Reader to print checks and forms; additional fees apply
- System requirements for Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac and Aatrix
- Top Pay may differ from those of QuickBooks. For details, visit the company websites at www.macpayroll.com and www.aatrix.com
- iCal/Calendar, iChat and Address Book/Contacts are included in Mac OS X installs from Apple, Inc.
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 supports one-way conversion from QuickBooks for Windows 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 supports round tripping with QuickBooks for Windows 2016
Important: If the individual product requirements above do not specifically state that an operating system, hardware, software, firewall or antivirus is supported, it has not been tested. Intuit cannot promise that your experience will be trouble-free. If you experience problems outside of the supported environment, technical support will be limited to standard troubleshooting. If unresolved, the program should be returned to a supported environment for additional support. Also note that should Microsoft no longer support the aforementioned products, then neither shall Intuit.
Quickbooks For Mac FAQ's
QuickBooks Pro is the cheapest option and good starting solution for most small business.
QuickBooks Online is a good choice for you if you do not want to install any software or want to access data remotely.
QuickBooks Premier is a step up from QuickBooks Pro and includes features such as a larger data file processing capability, inventory tracking, journal entry adjustments, and the capability for up to 5 users accessing it at the same time (vs only 3 with Pro).
QuickBooks Enterprise is offered to mid-sized business from 1-30 users and includes features such as increased speed, data capability, user permissions, reporting customization as well as having different versions that include payroll, advanced inventory, advanced pricing and customizable reporting for free. The Enterprise version also comes standard with unlimited technical support, free database backup, training tools and a free upgrade to the most recent version every year.