Yes. If you create estimates, bids, quotes, or proposals for prospective customers before you start a job then you can create all those in QuickBooks Online Advanced, email them to customers, and then convert them into invoices after you complete the work.
Here’s how to create and customize a new estimate:
- Select + New, then select Estimate.
- Select + Add customer. Then select a customer from the ▼ dropdown. Or, to add a new customer, select +Add new, enter the customer info and select Save and close.
- Select the ▼ dropdown in the Product or service field and add the products or services to the estimate. Or, to add a new product or service, select + Add new, enter the info for your product or service, and select Save.
- If you saved a rate for your product or service, it automatically displays in the Amount column. Add or adjust the quantity or amount as needed.
- The default status of a new estimate is “Pending”. If you need to edit the status, select the Pending ▼ dropdown and choose a different status.
- To customize the estimate, select Estimate settings in the side panel and select the ▼ dropdown by each section to expand the details. Then, choose what info displays on your form by turning the switches on or off in each section. As you make changes, a preview displays on the form.
- When you’re ready, select Save.
- To email the estimate to your customer, select Review and send. Then edit the email message, if necessary, and select Send estimate.
If you have questions about working with estimates or anything else with QuickBooks Online Advanced, just give one of our experts a call at 866-949-7267. If you are not currently using QuickBooks Online and would like to take it for a test drive, just click the link below to set up a free 30-day trial.