There are many differences between QuickBooks Online Advanced and QuickBooks Pro primarily because one is a desktop “windows based” software while QuickBooks Online is a web-based version of the software. This gives you the ability to access Online from any computer, phone, or tablet vs always having to use a Windows computer to access your data. Although you can add cloud-hosted access to QuickBooks Pro, it can get expensive really quickly and for the functionality, you are getting in Pro, QuickBooks Online would be in many cases, a much better choice. In addition, with all QuickBooks Desktop Pro versions now being subscription based for the same or maybe just a little more cost, you are going to get much more value in the way of functionality, reporting, and integration.
Here are some of the key areas where QuickBooks Online Advanced is going to stand out:
- Web-based so you can access it from anywhere and on any device including Apple/Mac as well as phones and tablets with the free app.
- Access for up to 25 users and up to 3 remote dedicated accountant logins
- Manage things like mileage tracking, cash flow, time tracking, and project profitability
- Custom access with roles and permissions
- Automated workflows
- Batch invoicing and expenses
- Greatly enhanced reporting and KPIs with the ability to create custom fields and the ability to sync data with your Excel spreadsheets
- Connectivity with online channels and marketplaces like Amazon, Shopify, and eBay
- Exclusive app integrations that allow you to increase productivity and customize your software
- Free 24/7 dedicated support and access to Priority Circle online training
With the majority of the focus and growth coming in the online space and the consistent migration away from the older versions of Desktop Pro and Premier, making the move to QuickBooks Enterprise or QuickBooks Online Advanced is, in many cases, a smart choice.
If you have additional questions on QuickBooks Online or want to discuss how to move your data from Pro, just give our experts a call at 866-949-7267 and we can get you the answers that you are looking for. If you want to move up to desktop Enterprise, we can get you a 30-day free trial of the latest version, and/or if you would like to get a free 30-day trial of QuickBooks Online Advanced, just click on the link below.