The new navigation menu in QuickBooks Online has been designed to provide quick access to essential job centers, making it easier for both accounting professionals and business owners to navigate and manage their financial tasks.
Below is a screenshot of the new navigation menu. We’ll explain some of the key features of the new menu in the discussion that follows.
New navigation menu in QuickBooks Online
- Menu Customization: You can customize the appearance of your menu by expanding and collapsing different sections to streamline your view and focus on what’s most important to you.
- Bookmarks: Bookmarks have been moved to the top of the menu for easy access, allowing you to quickly navigate to your favorite or frequently used features.
- Hover and Flyout Menu: The hover and flyout menu interactions continue to display all sub-menu items when you hover over the main menu item, making it convenient to explore the available options.
- Dashboards: Dashboards provide access to essential productivity tools, including the “Get things done” productivity center, Business overview, and Cash flow page, helping you stay on top of your financial health.
- Transactions: In the Transactions section, you can import, categorize, and review bank transactions, app transactions, and receipts. It also includes features for reconciling and managing your Chart of Accounts.
- Sales: The Sales center is where you’ll find tools for invoicing and monitoring income over time, helping you manage your revenue effectively.
- Expenses: The Expenses center includes actions like paying vendors and tracking mileage, making it easier to manage your business expenses.
- Customers & Leads: This section is dedicated to setting up and tracking customers and implementing marketing strategies, with access to tools like Mailchimp for customer engagement.
- Reports: Reports cover various aspects of your business, including sales, spending, and other relevant data, providing insights to support informed decision-making.
- Payroll: In the Payroll section, you can manage employees and contractors, track their time and benefits, and ensure compliance with tax and legal requirements.
- Time: This section helps employees track their time using QuickBooks Time, with the added benefit of seamlessly integrating time data into QuickBooks for payroll, invoicing, and more.
- Projects (available in Plus and Advanced): For businesses requiring project tracking, this section enables you to monitor profitability by tracking project income, expenses, labor costs, and generating project-specific reports from a single dashboard.
- Taxes: The Taxes center assists in setting up automatic tax calculations for compliance and filing contractor 1099 forms.
- My Accountant: My Accountant provides a platform for direct communication and collaboration with your accountant, streamlining the exchange of financial information.
- Banking Services: Banking services offer quick access to resources such as a personal QuickBooks Checking account and business funding options.
- Commerce: The Commerce section is your gateway to accessing and tracking your e-commerce platform, facilitating the sale and monitoring of products or services.
- Apps: In the Apps section, you can explore other QuickBooks products and third-party apps that enhance your accounting and business management capabilities.
To experience the new menu, you will receive an invitation to opt into it, allowing you to explore and use the updated navigation for a period of about 30 days. This user-friendly menu design aims to enhance user productivity and efficiency in managing financial tasks within QuickBooks Online Advanced. If you wish to switch back to the old navigation menu, click on Menu settings and then select Switch back.
Switching back to the old menu in QuickBooks Online
Tip: To get the most out of QuickBooks, read our top bookkeeping tips for using QuickBooks Online.
The new navigation menu provides quicker access to key features, allowing you to find the tools you need without unnecessary clicks or searching. It’s designed to improve productivity and financial management capabilities, ultimately making it a helpful tool for businesses and accountants.