If you run your own business and you’re often on the go, you can’t afford to wait until you’re back at your desk to send invoices to clients, accept online payments, or manage cash flow. Luckily, mobile accounting apps have become an essential part of modern accounting, changing the way business owners work. And when it comes to mobile accounting, the QuickBooks Online mobile app stands out.
Today we’ll walk you through the QuickBooks Online mobile app and how it can benefit your business.
What is QuickBooks Online App and What Does it Do?
The QuickBooks Online app is a mobile accounting software that allows you to manage and track your account balances wherever you are and from any internet-enabled device. The QuickBooks Online app includes basic features, such as the ability to:
- Create and send invoices and estimates
- View, record, and edit transactions, including expenses, invoices, and estimates
- Capture photos of expense receipts and upload them to QuickBooks
- Assign expenses to customers or projects
- Accept electronic payments
- Categorize expenses in bank feeds
- View important accounting reports
QuickBooks Online Tiered Features
QuickBooks Online offers four subscription options that vary in the number of users and the features included. Simple start includes one user, Essentials has three, Plus supports up to five, and Advanced accommodates up to 25 users. Below is a brief comparison of the plans in terms of features.
- Simple Start: This plan includes baseline features, such as invoicing, income and expense tracking, receipt capture, and mileage tracking.
- Essentials: Essentials includes all features of Simple Start, plus the ability to manage unpaid and track unpaid bills and assign billable time and expenses to your customers.
- Plus: The biggest improvement to this plan is the ability to manage inventory and track activity by projects.
- Advanced: Advanced offers more robust features, like advanced business analytics and faster transaction speed.
Just like the desktop interface, the mobile accounting features you can access also depend on your subscription.
Benefits of Using the QuickBooks Online Mobile App for Your Small Business
The QuickBooks Online app is significantly more functional and flexible compared to the other mobile accounting apps on the market. For instance, the Xero mobile app allows you to send invoices, but there’s no option to accept payments online and view reports from your mobile device. Another similar software, Sage 50Cloud, only has a mobile accounting app, but it’s limited to capturing expense receipts. With QuickBooks Online, you can perform almost all of the important accounting tasks, including invoicing, income and expense tracking, and reporting.
In addition to its rich feature set, there are other benefits that come with the QuickBooks mobile app. All of your business information syncs across all your QuickBooks software, whether you’re in the office or on the go. Also, managing your business is convenient as you can use any mobile device to check your finances.
Who Should Use the QuickBooks Online Mobile App?
QuickBooks Online is a great choice for small to medium-sized businesses that are often out of the office doing business or meeting with clients. Its comprehensive feature set makes it ideal for different industries. For instance, its estimate and quote management module is useful for HVAC and plumbing contractors, while the GPS mileage tracker works well for delivery companies. The mobile invoicing feature is great for freelancers who need an easy way to collect payments from their clients.
How to Unlock the Full Benefits of QuickBooks Online?
While all QuickBooks Online plans offer standard mobile accounting features, QuickBooks Online Advanced provides more value, especially for medium-sized businesses with multiple accounting users. In addition to the full-featured mobile accounting app, you’ll also get other benefits, such as multiple-user access to up to 25 users, more automation, Priority Circle Membership, and more. Learn more about the benefits of QuickBooks Online Advanced.