Customized email messages in QuickBooks Online make your communication more professional, consistent, and efficient. When your email messages are tailored to your brand’s identity, customers are more likely to take your business seriously when it reflects a professional image.
That said, we’ll show you how to properly set up messages in QuickBooks Online. We’ll also explain why it’s important to customize email messages.
Step 1: Navigate to Account and Settings
In the upper right corner of your dashboard, click the gear icon, and then select Account and settings. This will take you to the main settings page for your QuickBooks Online account.
Step 2: Go to the “Sales” Tab
In the left-hand menu on the main settings page, click on the Sales tab to access the sales settings. From here, QuickBooks Online will display a number of sales settings, including sales form content, product and services, late fees, progress invoicing, and messages.
Sales settings in QuickBooks Online
Step 3: Customize Your Email Messages
In the Sales settings window, you’ll see a section labeled “Messages.” Here, you can customize different types of email messages. You can modify subject lines to clearly convey the purpose of the email, personalize the greeting to address your customers or clients by name, and craft the body of your email message, including all essential information such as transaction details or the message’s content.
Customizing email messages in QuickBooks Online
Step 4: Save Your Changes
After customizing your email messages, click the Save button at the bottom of the settings page to apply the changes.
Step 5: Test Your Custom Email Messages
It’s a good practice to send a few test emails to yourself or a trusted colleague to ensure your email messages look and sound the way you intended. This step allows you to identify any issues or make further refinements if necessary.
Step 6: Start Using Your Custom Email Messages
Once you’ve confirmed that your custom email messages are working as expected, you can begin using them for various purposes, such as sending invoices, estimates, payment reminders, or any other correspondence related to your business operations.
Why Customize Email Messages?
- Professionalism: Custom email messages reflect professionalism, leaving a lasting impression on your customers, vendors, and associates.
- Brand Consistency: Consistency in branding is vital for reinforcing your company’s identity. Customized email templates ensure that your communication aligns with your brand’s visual and messaging guidelines, helping maintain a strong and recognizable brand presence.
- Personalization: Addressing your recipients by name and tailoring the content to their specific needs makes them feel valued and strengthens the connection between your business and its stakeholders.
- Clarity: Customized subject lines and message bodies provide recipients with a quick understanding of the email’s purpose and content.
- Time-Saving: Using predefined email templates can save you a significant amount of time, especially when sending routine emails like invoices, payment reminders, or order confirmations.
By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can ensure that your email messages reflect your brand identity and meet your specific communication needs, ultimately strengthening your business relationships and boosting your professional image.