The new version of QuickBooks Enterprise 2021, includes not only the “general business” version, but also includes industry-specific versions made especially for retail, non-profit, contractors, and manufacturing and wholesale. In this article, we will focus on the Enterprise Accountant version and the main features that differentiate it from the other versions available. This version of QuickBooks Enterprise has specialized features that help you manage billing, payments, and accounting functions for your clients so if you’re an Accountant, keep reading to learn more about how Enterprise Accountant can help your business and practice grow.
New Features Included In QuickBooks Enterprise 2021
QuickBooks Enterprise is the flagship of the QuickBooks lineup and has always included top-shelf features. In 2021, there were a couple of key upgrades and functionality added that had been requested over the years. Some of the main ones are:
- New Data Level Permissions – Allow specific users to view, edit, or delete only the specific customers, vendors, or data that they’re responsible for.
- New Receipt Management – Assign every expense to a project as it is incurred using only your mobile device, and even record multiple transactions at once.
- New Ability to Automatically Send Statements – Automate regularly sent statement emails and get paid faster by easily reminding customers what they owe.
- New Ability to Customize Payment Receipts – Create a more professional look with receipt formatting and the ability to include logos and other custom elements.
- New Salesforce CRM Connector – Have one source of information between sales and support so that you can answer customer questions quickly or resolve issues before they escalate.
Industry-Specific Accounting Tools
You need to focus on business, and your clients need to do the same. QuickBooks Enterprise 2021 was created specifically for accountants so that they can focus on the big picture. By automating everyday accounting tasks, you are free to focus on the other critical aspects of running a business and managing clients.
- Improved bank feeds – Automatically categorize bank transactions with more detail by using enhanced rules, batch editing, and improved matching.
- Create customer groups – Create rule-based customer groups based on fields like customer type, status, location, and balance, so you can manage them easily.
- Automated statements – Save time by automating regularly sent statement emails, tailored to different customer groups based on their needs.
- Journal entry communications – Quickly and easily send journal entries and adjustments to your client requesting any changes needed in their file.
- File transfers – Transfer files seamlessly instead of having to save your work to a computer or thumb drive.
- Concurrent updates – Easily work and make adjustments on your own copy of your client’s files, even if clients are working in them at the same time.
- Customized payment receipts – Create a consistent and professional look across documentation with receipt formatting including logos.
- Landed costs – Help your clients set up landed cost accounts as “COGS” or “Other current assets.” Calculate landed cost for old item bills from closed accounting periods.
Additional Accountant Focused Tools
Although general Enterprise and Accountant are very similar in function, there are additional features that tailor the Accountant version to the financial advisor industry and working with clients. Many of them are small and simple but make a big difference when you are having to manage multiple company files and make mass changes quickly. Here are some of the most important ones:
Client Data Review: This function lets do things like delete, void, or reclassify hundreds of transactions at once, identify changes made in list items, and clear multiple un-deposited funds entries from one screen. A much more efficient process for an accountant than what they would be able to do in the standard version of QuickBooks Enterprise.
Send and Receive Journal Entries: Enterprise Accountant allows you to easily send journal entries to your client requesting any changes needed in their file vs having to log in remotely and make the changes directly in your customer’s file or save your work to a computer or thumb drive. You can even work on your own copy of your client’s files, even if clients are working at the same time.
Efficiency Tools: Make it easier to view and access multiple client files and save time by working in two company files at the same time with Multi-Instance and work with 2 computer monitors at the same time with Multi-Monitor mode. You can even locate items, accounts, and clients faster with search auto-fill and search a range of values to help recall transaction amounts.
Have Questions? Need Help?
If you are an Accountant and are looking for software that can easily and efficiently manage clients and increase your productivity, QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant is a great choice. If you are looking to find out more, we offer free consultation, product support, and integration assistance for new and existing QuickBooks Enterprise software users. Whether you are considering implementing QuickBooks Accounting 2021 Edition or already have it, reach out to our experts to learn how to make the most of it. Give our experts a call at 866.949.7267 or request a free consultation where we can demo the software for you.