QuickBooks offers the most powerful accounting platform out there. One of the reasons people love it – and the software continues to be so popular – is that QuickBooks keeps evolving. They continue to innovate cloud, mobile, and desktop solutions that tackle accounting, payments, payroll, and time tracking. Just a few days ago, they launched Enterprise 2022, designed to further help organizations with improved money management, data sync, and processing speed improvements. After looking at all the new features, we are really excited because the majority of the new features are key upgrades that our customers have been wanting for the last couple of years. So far, I would have to say that 2022 is one of the most feature-rich versions of QuickBooks Enterprise to be released in a long time!
Here are the latest features offered in the QuickBooks Enterprise 2022 version.
- 64-bit advanced processing power – Using the full capability of a 64-bit processor with QuickBooks Desktop 2022 can improve stability and performance. This means professionals can accomplish their accounting tasks faster, using a quicker and more reliable version of QuickBooks.
- Webgilty integration for greater eCommerce capabilities – eCommerce businesses make up a growing portion of QuickBooks users. Now, these business owners are able to track revenue from different online selling platforms like Amazon, eBay, and Shopify. The new technology syncs directly in QuickBooks, which saves time in managing an online store, including seeing fulfillment, orders, and inventory. Webgility adds a lot of flexibility to the QuickBooks Enterprise platform that online retailers have been eager to take advantage of for a long time. Click here to see a short video overview of the features and functionality of the new Enterprise eCommerce integration.
- Ability to schedule and pay bills faster – Conveniently pay vendor bills using your bank account, debit, or credit card. Also, select how your vendors would like to receive payment — via ACH or check. Once scheduled, bills automatically show as paid in QuickBooks so other users won’t accidentally pay later. For precise instructions on how to manage Bill Pay, review this article from QuickBooks. You can also watch this video on how to pay your vendors online from QuickBooks desktop.
- Customizable approval workflows for bills – Handle accounts payable with more confidence. You can now create rules for QuickBooks to check which bills need approval for entry and payment. This allows for better cash flow management and increased transparency. To learn more about how to set up approval workflows for bills, you can click here to watch a two-minute overview video.
- Bill entry automation and customized bill payment stubs – You can save time by having QuickBooks automate bill entries from the mobile app or from bills sent via email address. Simply upload the bill and QB will capture the information from the bill and match it with an existing transaction. Then review and approve the match. Additionally, bill payment stubs are now customizable QB forms. You can maintain professional and consistent communications by emailing confirmation to your vendors. Click here to see how to set it up and watch it in action.
- Digital attachments: Document upload from a mobile device – In an increasingly digital world, it’s nice to remove the actual paper trail when possible. Uploading documents and reducing the number of paper copies is easier than ever with this version of Enterprise. Users can conveniently snap a picture of a document with the free QuickBooks Desktop mobile app. They can also scan documents into the QuickBooks Desktop Attachment Center. Attaching these documents efficiently to transactions or records eliminates the need to keep paper copies.
- Choice of multiple email customer contacts – Do you email your customers their invoices from within QuickBooks? That’s now easier because you can choose emails from a drop-down selection of emails that are associated with your customer records. You can also add multiple customer contacts to your batch emails. Use this new functionality to reduce the miscommunications that can come with manually entering email addresses, and save time putting together emails and sending invoices.
- Payment links for customer prepayments – Who doesn’t want to get their money faster? Now you can request payments from your client as a “deposit” for services or products not yet provided, without sending an invoice. Simply email a link to the customer for them to process the payment without having to receive an invoice, and track the payment links sent in QuickBooks. Once the payment is received, QuickBooks will record the payment as an unapplied customer credit in the Accounts Receivable account.
- Instant deposits for QuickBooks Payments account users – Offering similar benefits to the prepayment features, businesses can get money instantly when customers pay them – even on late nights, weekends, or holidays. In just a single step you can review instant deposit details like available balance or fees and accept the deposit. When merchant payments are instantly deposited into accounts, it allows for quicker funding and better management of day-to-day expenses.
QuickBooks didn’t just add new features for 2022 – they also improved different functionality on the platform to make it more usable and efficient over time. For example, as all QuickBooks software transitions to a subscription model in 2022, users will be able to take advantage of the most up-to-date features, security patches, and support for third-party operating system changes. Specifics include unlimited customer support, improved bank feeds, receipt management, and the ability to automatically send customer statements.
This list should give you a good idea of the new features and functionality of QuickBooks Enterprise 2022, but it’s not all-encompassing. You can learn more by contacting our experts at 866-949-7267 or click here to send us an email.