QuickBooks Online is a powerful accounting software with many built-in accounting features, including invoicing, bill payment, inventory management, and project accounting. However, its capabilities are further augmented through seamless integrations with various third-party applications available. These integrations offer businesses enhanced functionality, improved efficiency, and a comprehensive financial management experience.
The QuickBooks App Store
QuickBooks has its own app store, known as the QuickBooks App Store or QuickBooks App Marketplace. The QuickBooks App Marketplace is an online platform that provides a curated collection of third-party applications and integrations that can be seamlessly connected with QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, and other QuickBooks products. These integrations enhance the functionality and capabilities of QuickBooks by allowing users to connect various business tools and software to their accounting and financial management systems.
Popular QuickBooks Online Integrations
- QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets): QuickBooks Time is a cloud-based time tracking and employee scheduling software designed to help businesses manage their workforce’s time and attendance. It is particularly useful for businesses that have employees who work on an hourly basis, either in an office or out in the field.
- Expensify: Managing expenses becomes hassle-free with Expensify. Receipts and expenses are effortlessly imported into QuickBooks Online, enabling accurate expense tracking and facilitating reimbursement processes.
- Shopify: E-commerce businesses benefit from the Shopify integration, which automatically syncs sales and order data between the two platforms. This integration ensures that financial records are up-to-date and accurate.
- PayPal: Seamlessly link your PayPal account to QuickBooks Online to reconcile transactions, track fees, and manage cash flow. This integration simplifies financial recordkeeping and aids in monitoring online transactions.
- HubSpot: Sales and customer relationship management are streamlined with the HubSpot integration. Sales data is synchronized with QuickBooks Online, providing a comprehensive view of customer interactions and financial transactions.
- Square: Small businesses with physical stores can sync sales data from Square to QuickBooks Online, enabling accurate tracking of in-person transactions and simplifying reconciliation.
- Bill.com: Simplify accounts payable processes with Bill.com integration. Invoices, payments, and approvals are seamlessly synced, reducing manual entry and improving accuracy.
Setting up integrations
- Access the QuickBooks App Marketplace: Log in to your QuickBooks Online account and navigate to the App Marketplace. To do this, click on Apps in the left navigation menu and then select Find Apps.
- Browse and Select an Integration: Explore the available integrations and choose the one that best suits your business needs. Type in the search bar and click to proceed.
Search available app integrations through the QuickBooks app store
- Authorize Access: Follow the prompts to authorize the integration to access your QuickBooks Online data. This step ensures secure data sharing between the platforms.
- Configure Settings: Depending on the integration, you may need to configure specific settings to customize the integration to your requirements.
- Sync Data: Once the integration is set up, data synchronization between QuickBooks Online and the third-party application will occur automatically based on the integration’s functionality.
Diagnostic Dashboard: A New Feature in QuickBooks
QuickBooks Online has introduced a new Diagnostic Dashboard feature to enhance your experience with app integrations and ensure smooth operations for your business. This powerful tool empowers you to stay informed and take control of any connection issues that may arise with the apps you’ve integrated into your QuickBooks Online account.
Accessible from the My Apps section within the Apps menu, the Diagnostic Dashboard offers you a comprehensive solution to effectively identify, comprehend, and address errors related to your app integrations. No longer will you have to navigate through multiple screens or hunt for information – the centralized dashboard puts everything you need right at your fingertips.
The Diagnostic Dashboard provides you with real-time insights into any errors that might affect your app integrations. It goes beyond just notifying you of issues; it helps you understand the root cause of these errors, enabling you to tackle them effectively.
Also, it actively alerts you about any syncing errors that occur within your app integrations. These notifications are delivered promptly, allowing you to address issues proactively and prevent disruptions in your workflow.
Diagnostic dashboard in QuickBooks (Source: QuickBooks)
By connecting QuickBooks with third-party applications, businesses can automate tasks, streamline processes, and gain comprehensive insights into their financial operations. Also, the new diagnostic dashboard now provides a more seamless, efficient, and informed way to manage app integrations.