QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is a powerful desktop accounting software designed to cater to the needs of medium to large-sized businesses. It offers many advantages for multi-user environments, such as:
- Scalability: Enterprise can support up to 40 users, making it ideal for growing businesses with increasing demands for accounting and financial management. The lower-tiered plan, Premier, lets you add up to five users only. Read our comparison of Premier and Enterprise to see which one fits your needs.
- Advanced Inventory Management: With Enterprise, you can track your inventory in real time, manage orders, set reorder points, and much more. Here are some of its most notable inventory management features:
- Advanced Pricing: You can set up different pricing rules based on items, customers, and quantity, etc. You can also create price levels for different customer types or groups, as well as establish discounts or promotions based on various conditions.
- Barcode Scanning: You can scan barcodes to speed up inventory management tasks, such as receiving, picking, and packing items. This feature can also reduce errors and improve accuracy by eliminating manual data entry.
- Serial and Lot Tracking: For businesses that deal with products that have serial numbers or lot numbers,Enterprise offers a feature that tracks the movement and status of each item throughout its lifecycle. This can help businesses ensure regulatory compliance, manage recalls or warranties, and avoid stockouts or overstocking.
- Inventory Assembly: Enterprise allows you to create bills of materials (BOMs) and build finished products from raw materials or sub-assemblies. This feature can help businesses manage production costs, track work-in-progress (WIP), and maintain accurate inventory levels.
For more information, head to our detailed review of QuickBooks Enterprise’s inventory management feature.
- Advanced Reporting: Enterprise provides your business with more than 200 customizable reports, giving you insights into your finances and operations that can help you make better decisions. Learn more about advanced reporting in QuickBooks Enterprise and how it benefits your business.
- Enhanced Security: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise offers advanced security features such as user-level access control, encryption, and backup and recovery options to keep data safe.
- Streamlined Workflow: Enterprise automates routine tasks such as invoicing, bill payments, and payroll, which saves time and minimizes errors. For example, Enterprise lets you create customized bill and purchase order (PO) workflow approvals, helping you save time and increase productivity and efficiency.
- Simplified Collaboration: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise makes it easy for multiple users to work on the same file simultaneously without worrying about conflicts or data loss. If you want remote access, then you can even purchase hosted QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise to take your files to the cloud. Explore the benefits of QuickBooks Enterprise hosting.
- Industry-Specific Solutions: Enterprise offers industry-specific solutions for manufacturing and wholesale, retail, contractor, professional service, and nonprofit organizations, which can help businesses optimize their operations. Enterprise also lets you generate reports customized to a specific industry. For instance, the Professional Services Edition lets you create industry-specific reports, such as Expenses not Assigned to Projects, Billed Vs. Proposal by Project, and Actual Project Costs Details.
- Customer Management: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise includes a customer management feature that lets you track customer interactions, create profiles, and manage leads. You can add as many customers as needed.
- Customer Support: Enterprise provides dedicated customer support, including phone and chat support, to help businesses solve any issues they may encounter. Gold, Platinum, and Diamond plans include access to unlimited customer support through the QuickBooks Priority Circle. As a Priority Circle member, you’ll get access to a free VIP customer support program that includes 24/7 technical support, product training, and a dedicated account team.
- Robust Purchasing and Vendor Modules: Enterprise lets you track all your vendors in one place, allowing you to easily expand your business. You can define classes for various items to accurately keep track of stock status and identify which items and products need to be replenished. You can also invoice multiple clients in one go and easily add or remove vendors and customize fields if needed.